people travelling with the platform
mining complexes and operational locations
Anglo American Platinum engaged IONYX to develop and implement a proprietary land transport platform as part of a global contract.
Operating some of the largest mining complexes in South Africa, Anglo American have experienced significant challenges with road travel. The mining giant quickly identified their current journey management processes were inadequate and varied from region to region.
MAIN PAIN POINTS
- Experiencing significant road travel risks
- Lack of visibility over workforce
- Process varied from region to region
- Complex expense claim process
- Absent duress and emergency response
- 18-month development for in-house solution
Re-imagining mining to improve people’s lives. IONYX developed a fully customised and white-labelled “Anglo American Road Travel” app in 80 days to support a workforce across 51 mining complexes.
- Developed a more efficient, streamlined travel process
- Location geofencing and automated notifications
- Real-time mobile GPS and navigation
- 100% safety compliance
- Integrated emergency response function to trigger alerts
Unified business travel app and management dashboard
The custom-build road travel solution combines all workforce travel booking tools into one platform for both company and personal vehicles.
Enhanced efficiency across all levels of the organisation
Secure and easy-to-use remote travel application for enhanced efficiency across all levels of the organisation.
- Broadcast notifications and communication
- Single sign-on authentication through Azure Active Directory
- Integrated expense, travel and invoice spending through SAP Concur
- Supported hosting in the client’s environment
- Available in multiple languages
- Scalability to support the entire Anglo American network
Increased road safety while employees are travelling for business between various sites and clients. A more efficient and streamlined journey management which has reduced staffing requirements to just three. This has delivered significant cost reductions across operational efficiency, risk management and productivity.
The “Anglo American Road Travel” app is currently being rolled out to other regions, including Zimbabwe and Australia with an expected 20,000+ users once complete.
reduction in build cost
Minor and major product enhancements
“My heartfelt thanks to your team for their excellent and hard work in assisting us with the development work on this application. I am very impressed with the professionalism of the IONYX team and the dedication to the cause. The team have stood out for their dedication, effort and patience.”